Did you know…dental implants can be traced back to 600 AD, when tooth-like shells were hammered into the jaw of Mayan women? Thank goodness we have come a long way with modern dentistry!
Not only are dental implants the next best thing to your natural teeth, but they are built to last, offering the only long-term solution to restoring that beautiful smile. Here are some additional facts about dental implants:
- An implant is inserted directly into the jaw to integrate with the bone. Dental implants are the only restoration option that help preserve and stimulate natural bone growth and prevent bone loss.
- After the healing process bonds the implant to the jaw, a new tooth is attached that is just as strong as the original, natural tooth.
- They can be used to replace as many teeth as needed, they provide a permanent solution for severe tooth problems.
- A replacement tooth doesn’t decay, therefore a tooth restored with dental implants can’t get a cavity! This doesn’t mean you can throw away your toothbrush though, you still need to care for the surrounding natural teeth and gums.
- A mouth without teeth tends to sag and appear sunken, dental implants help retain your natural face shape.
- Other options for tooth restoration, like dentures, make it difficult to pronounce words. Because dental implants replace natural teeth, they fit comfortably in your mouth making it easy to speak, eat, laugh and smile.
- Dental implants are tried and true. With a long track record for reliability and success, dental implants are the best treatment for replacing missing teeth.
“I had four mini dental implants with Bonita Del Rey. It’s quick, inexpensive and I was done in one day. I went home and could eat food the same day. Dr. Espinosa explained everything and did exactly what he promised in one day.” – Mini Dental Implant patient
You may find alternative solutions for tooth restoration but dental implants are the only option that look and feel like your natural teeth.
Call today to schedule your free consultation to see if you are a candidate for dental implants.
Learn more about Dental Implants: What is Guided Implant Dentistry? Free Dental Implant Consultation Why Bonita Del Rey for Dental Implants